Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I am scatterbrained.

I met a nice fellow for coffee tonight. We had a nice time and chatted for a couple of hours. As we got up to leave I couldn't find my purse. We sat outside when we first got there, so I went outside.

No purse.

Mr. Nice says he didn't notice my purse, but wonders if I could have left it in the bathroom.

At this point I am freaking. If I left it outside someone would surely have taken it. I am going to have to call my parents to bring my spare car key and spare house key. It will take then 40 minutes to get here and by then the coffee shop will be closed. The guy I am with is nice, so he will feel he should stay even though a) we just met and b) he has been up since six am.

I look in the bathroom even though I am positive I didn't take it in there. As I'm coming out Nice guy (and I'm being serious, not patronizing) is talking to the girls at the cash register. One of them comes over to me and asks if it is a small black purse. She brings it over to me and explains that she found it on the table outside.

Apparently in all the excitement of meeting a nice, cute man I left my 200$ bag outside with my 250$ wallet and 200$ phone inside with the keys to my fancy car in it. OH MY GOD! I am so dumb and soooo lucky!!!! And, I am sure I made a great impression (now I am being sarcastic!)

No comments: