Saturday, November 3, 2007

Daylight Savings Time

I personally don't like the whole time change thing in the first place. I think it is mean. When I wake up tomorrow an extra hour will have magically disappeared, but in the spring an hour disappears. That is just not fair. I know I'll get that hour back come fall, like I will do tomorrow, but by then I won't care. An extra hour isn't as important as a MISSING HOUR. Plus the horrible Daylight Savings Nazis are going to steal one of my evening day light hours. Who runs this place? I am so going to move to Arizona.

And before anyone lectures me on how energy is saved by DST and it increases revenue and blah blah blah, just let me have my moment where I ignore the fact that in the summer I get a little more light at night. It isn't summer now, so I have a right to be irritated that it will be dark when I get home from work. Sure, it'll be light when I go to work, but what does that matter? Bah.

On top of all that, I still can't figure out this whole Daylight Savings Time Change -- not Daylight Savings Time -- that I get, but the change of when we do it. Who up and decided to move it this year? Seriously, is there a group of guys who get to decide this? This isn't just an American thing, after all. Does this bunch of (probably) guys get to change holidays too? Are they scientists? I want to be in the cool we-get-to-move-stuff group. Where do I sign up?

1 comment:

Sully said...

I can not stand daylight saving time. I totally agree with you. I would much rather go to work in the dark and have a little time when I get home before it is dark.

Sully