Thursday, February 28, 2008

I don't recognize my life

I don't know what has happened, but I seem to be living this life that isn't mine. Somewhere along the line something happened. I can't pinpoint it exactly, but I think it happened when I moved to Florida the first time. That's when everything started to change. Not that all the changes have been bad, but sometimes I find myself looking around and just not recognizing things. Like, when did I get to be 30? How did that happen? What happened to the last four years? I just don't know what to make of it all. Somehow I have a job that I never even considered having and that I'm not all that good at. Somehow I got to be the type of person who doesn't have a lot of friends when I used to have tons (I once threw a party, and people came from 8 hours a way). Somehow I've gotten out of shape when I always used to be so fit. I just don't know what happened. I used to have things I was really good at, but now I can't think of one thing I'm good at that I actually do. I'm not even sure the things I used to think I was good at are things I actually ever was really good at -- if that even makes sense. I don't think deep thoughts anymore, and that really scares me. I used to be interesting and talk about insightful things. Now I seem to just seem to sit here. I'd say I was depressed, but I don't really feel depressed. I just feel sort of lost. I want to get some of the old me back, but I don't really know how.

No comments: