Thursday, February 14, 2008

Going to sleep is the most exciting part of my day

Last night, as I was falling asleep (and blogging in my head, as I like to do. Sidebar: I really wish there was a way I could hook my computer up to my brain. I do my best 'writing' in those moments before sleep. Or maybe my brain is sleep addled and the 'writing' sucks but seems really great. Anyway, I digress.) I began thinking about how sleeping is really the most entertaining part of my day. I have such amazingly vivid dreams, and, check it out, in them I get to participate in all this wild stuff my sub-conscious self comes up with. How cool is that!? I think dreams are really cool. I get to have a participatory conversation with my self. That is just super neat stuff right there.

As neat as these dreams are, I think maybe it is sad that they are more interesting and entertaining than the hours I am awake. Should I really look forward to falling asleep THAT much? I am totally content with my waking hours. I like my job. I like my house. I like myself. Sure, I'd like it better if it weren't winter anymore and if I got to go on more vacations, but otherwise, things are grand, just not exciting.

No comments: