Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Kickball

The Dolls and Balls (actually 'Dolls n Balls' but I refuse to not spell 'and' out) won our first game last night. I cannot believe just how fun playing kickball really is. I'm not sure if it would be as fun if our team wasn't so great. Sure, we are decent kickball players, but when I say great, I mean as a bunch of people. We worked together as a cohesive unit. Everyone was helping out, cheering and generally working together. It was a great display of teamsmanship, if I do say so myself.

I wish I was as savvy a sports blogger as some I know, and could go into great detail about what happened, but I cannot. Here are the most salient details of game one, in my humble opinion (that means they are all about me, just so you know!):

  1. We won!
  2. As second base person I got tons of people out, which rocked.
  3. I jammed my finger, which sucked. I'll be sure to take a picture and post it cause it is NASTY!
  4. I have a tendency to kick right to the pitcher, which means I get out; however, I am getting better with my tactical kickball kicking skills.
  5. Did I mention that we won?!

I am really looking forward to game two next week. Here's hoping it isn't rained out...

No comments: