Tuesday, March 25, 2008

In my fridge...

Okay, Chip, here you go...

My fridge is really sad. So are my cupboards, as a matter of fact, but here is an exciting list of what is usually in my fridge:
  • Organic Hormone Free 1% milk (while I like to support local farmers, I think milk tastes better in cardboard than glass, so I no longer buy Shatto milk)
  • Lite Silk Soy milk
  • Campo Lindo free range brown eggs
  • Misc. cheeses (right now I have two Irish cheeses, Jarlsberg and some organic cheddar)
  • Whole Wheat English Muffins
  • Whole Wheat Bread
  • Butter
  • Misc. Jams, but always Polaner All Fruit Apricot and some sort of raspberry. Right now I think I have raspberry pecan
  • Fruit and veggies for Spike and Buffy. I always have organic carrots and celery for them (how special those rabbits are!), and I usually have apples too, but I sometimes eat the apples
  • I think there are some condiments in there also, but I don't use them regularly

I hope that was exciting for everyone. If any of my fellow bloggers want to make a list of your fridge contents, please do!

4 comments:

Chip said...

You prefer the taste of milk stored in cardboard rather than in glass? That's unusual.

Suzanne said...

Is it? I haven't heard anyone have an opinion on it one way or another before.

If milk is supposed to be better in glass, then, maybe I just don't like Shatto milk. But, I think it's the cardboard. I've always preferred milk in those little containers you got in kindergarten.

Evilfairy said...

My fridge is boring, but loaded with fruits and veggies. I have soy products for cheese (Veggie Slices, shreds, etc), soy milk (I'm a cardboard girl too), condiments of all sorts, olivio spray butter, fat free yogurt, eggs, that's about it. Oh ya, laughing cow cheese wedges. In my freezer I keep frozen meats (turkey everything) turkey bacon, ground turkey, turkey sausage. I know there is some chicken for once in a while. I have a lot of soy products, boca chicken patties, boca burgers, morning star corn dogs and Weight Watcher Smart Ones. I think I have low fat vanilla ice cream too. My cabinets have low fat cereal, weight watcher snacks and a lot of propel fitness water on the pantry floor. I know I have the makings for homemade chocolate chip cookies in there, fruit snacks and sugar free chocolate syrup for my low fat vanilla ice cream. I'm sure there is a lot more, but that's all off the top of my head!

Chip said...

I've always heard glass bottle advocates say that milk tastes better from glass, but you are the first person I've heard say they prefer cardboard.

Personally, I doubt that I could tell the difference, since I like milk to be ice cold. You cannot distinguish taste nearly as well when something is either really cold or really hot. That's why you serve cheap American beer super cold (you don't want people to be able to taste it!) and good beer closer to room temperature.